No announcement yet.

Whoa - Untangle bought by Arista Networks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on target market and what margins they are looking for. I noticed that the certs on Untangle.com expire in Nov after a short renewal. So wonder if a transition to Arista more then.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyscott View Post
      I noticed that the certs on Untangle.com expire in Nov after a short renewal. So wonder if a transition to Arista more then.
      We're already working on replacing a number of URLs that used 'untangle' in them and moving to our new domain, edge.arista.com. For example, the ETM Dashboard login page can be found at edge.arista.com/cmd as of now.

I don't expect every 'untangle' domain to vanish any time soon, but eventually they'll all be replaced with Arista-centric equivalents.
      Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
      ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
      he/him
      Please don't reboot your NGFW.
      How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Comment

We deploy a decent amount of untangle so I’ll be watching this with curious eyes.

Comment

The old domains are going to have to stay active for some time. There are a ton of schools out there that won't upgrade Untangle until Summer break, and without client side upgrades I don't see the systems in the wild jumping off cmd.untangle.com anytime soon.

Orphaning old installations because new domain isn't a great day, so I imagine there will be redirects galore for couple years at least.
          Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
          NexgenAppliances.com
          Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by sky-knight View Post
            so I imagine there will be redirects galore for couple years at least.
            That is correct, previous domains will redirect to the new domains.
            Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
            volunteers and community members like yourself.
            If you need Untangle support please call or email [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X