Allow local web server for custom captive portal page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow local web server for custom captive portal page

I would like to be able to display our store hours on out capture page when we are closed.
    I have 2 captive portals, one for when we are open and one when we are closed that are triggered based on the time of day.

How do I exclude our internal web server from being restricted by the captive portal so I can show the hours from our server in an iframe inside of the custom.html?

Adjust your Capture Rule to exclude the IP of the server in question.
    Code:
    Destination Address is NOT 1.2.3.4
    should do it.
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Comment

If the web server is truly internal/local, it's likely the traffic isn't passing through Untangle anyway and won't be captured.
      Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Comment

Thanks gravenscroft​. Worked like a charm. I should have thought of thta. Duhh.

Comment

Happy to help! I find that as we become greater experts in things, we tend to forget some of the very basic, simple things because we're so focused on the higher-order stuff. Don't sweat it; it happens to us all.
          Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
          ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
          he/him
          How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Comment

Tell me about it. I've jumped in head first into the hypervisor server world with basically no previous experience in the last couple weeks. My brain in about to explode with new terms, commands and processes, so ya. I'm forgetting the simple things. Like taking a lunch or remembering to go home after I'm officially done for the day.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎